- High read/write performance
- Ideal for Automation and batch processing
- Save Qlik resources by offloading processes
- Improve data load times by integrating load processes into standard ETL
- In join with other EVL Microservice(s) (like EVL Staging) can be used for example in QVD-based architecture:
Command Line Utilities
qvd-header – Retrieve information from QVD header: number of records, field names as JSON, etc.
csv2qvd – Convert CSV to QVD.
qvd2csv – Convert QVD to CSV.
CSV to QVD Conversion Example
Example input CSV file with header, and semicolon separated fields:
csv2qvd will use the field names present in the header, and data types derived from the values, to produce an output file named table.qvd.
There are several options to change the default behaviour. You can specify your field names when there is no header in the CSV for example:
QVD to CSV Conversion Example
A CSV file can be created from a QVD file, with the above mentioned structure, by running:
qvd2csv will use the field names present in the QVD header to create an output file named table.csv with header, and colon separators.
There are several options to change the default behaviour. Specify different field separators, add Windows end-of-lines, and specify format for dates:
Get metadata from QVD
Get number of records:
Get the list of fields with their data types in JSON format: